Sunday, October 2, 2011

Philadelphia Half Marathon Training Week 5

This week of training for the Philly Half Marathon absolutely rocked!

But first, a look back: Week 1Week 2Week 3Week 4.
The weather in Michigan this week left a lot to be desired. I had rainy runs all week, but achieved a new goal of working out/running 6 days this week! I don't think I've ever done that before, and it felt really good to work on endurance and speed throughout.

Last week:
M- 8m long
T- Strength Training for Runners
W- 4m run (rain)
R- 7x400m sprints @8:13min/mi pace (2m with warm up)
F- 2 quick miles
S- rest
S- 3m with a rainbow!
total: 19 miles

I'm feeling awesome this week and everything's going according to plan. This morning the sun was bright and shining and my evening run was cool and crisp. Plus, I saw a rainbow at the end!
(you can kind of see it if you look right at the X in the wires)

This coming week brings a step-back in long run distance and then the Big House Big Heart 10K on Sunday. I ran it last year as my first 10K and hope to crush my PR this year :)
(BHBH 2010)
Happy workouts, and happy fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...