Monday, September 26, 2011

Philadelphia Half Marathon Training Week 4

Another week of training for the Philly Half Marathon has come and gone!

A look back: Week 1, Week 2, Week 3.

Week 4 started out with an incredibly humid long run! For some reason, the last few Mondays have been over 90% humidity and start out pouring rain. The 7 miles went well though, and I love the new trail routes I've discovered.
The rest of the week was pretty straight forward:

M- 7m long
T- Strength training for runners
W- rest
R- 4m tempo (2 middle miles @ 10K pace)
F- 2m + yoga
S- rest
S- 2m

total: 16 miles


I was supposed to make this week a 20-miler, but I'm having a hard time fitting in all of my running with my research time. All of my runs this week were done during incubation periods or before/right after/on the way to lab. Science definitely comes first, but it's certainly making training difficult!
Another thing that's cramping my style: all of this dang rain! For the 4th week in a row, I'll be knocking out my long run (8 miles!) today in the rain and humidity. Yuck!
Happy training and have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...