Monday, September 19, 2011

Philadelphia Half Marathon Training Week 3

This week marked my third full week of training for the Philly Half Marathon. Woohoo!
A look back: Week 1, Week 2.

I kicked off this week with my Monday long run. A rainstorm broke out just before I left, so it was a fairly unpleasant 6 miles. But I got it done!
Tuesday brought the return of my Strength Training for Runners class and I was sore for the rest of the week! Wednesday I ran a pretty new route with my fast friend. Friday brought early morning sprints (6x400 at 5K pace) and a Yoga for Athletes class. I was sore come Saturday!

M- 6m long
T- STFR
W- 3m run
R- rest
F- 2m run (6x400m with 0.25 w/u and c/d)
S- rest
S- 3m run
total: 14 miles



This week, I step it up a bit more, starting with my 7 miler in an hour! Combined with extra runs and speedwork, I might even hit 20 miles this week. Wish me luck!

What are your workout plans this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...