Saturday, October 8, 2011

What I've Been Up To Lately

It's no secret that grad school is hard. This past week has been one of the more insane weeks, but I've managed to keep my head on straight. Here's what I've been up to instead of blogging.

1) Seeing Pretty Lights in Detroit
I first saw Pretty Lights live at Lollapalooza, but ended up leaving early because I was sick. Last weekend we hit up the Fillmore in Detroit for another show and it was rad.

2) Studying, studying and studying some more
With the first big immunology exam yesterday, I spent all week learning about B cell differentiation. It's about as fun as it sounds.

3) Messing up experiments
Enough said.

4) Running fast!
Potentially as a byproduct of all of the stress, I've really kicked up my pace this week. I had a long run with an average 9:25 pace and two 4 mile runs at around 9:19 and 9:37, respectively.

5) Physical therapy
The post-marathon injury lives on. I finally went and got my foot checked out and had my first PT session this week. It seems like most of my issues are from balance/misalignment, so they shouldn't be too hard to fix.

6) Drinking a boot full of beer
After all of the nuttiness of this week, das boot cures all.

This weekend: more work, shopping, cooking chili for my CSA members and my second ever 10K tomorrow!

What have you been up to lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...