Monday, July 4, 2011

Weekly Workout Recap #2

This past week marked my return to running. Wahoo!

Backstory: after training for and running my first marathon injury-free, I foolishly sped through a 5K a week later. I suffered tendonitis, and then got my wisdom teeth out. Finally, I went to Iceland. All of this= 3 weeks without running!
So this week I was pumped to jump back into workouts with some sort of regularity. Here's how it went down:

Sunday: 2.5 mile run
Monday: 2 mile run
Tuesday: 1000m swim
Wednesday: 2.5 mile run
Thursday: OFF
Friday: OFF
Saturday: OFF

total running mileage: 7 miles
total swimming: 1000m

Overall, I felt pretty great. As I remember from the last time I took multiple weeks off of running, overall my endurance did drop, but I could still run pretty easily. I also really love my outdoor swim workouts, and they're a great alternative to hot afternoon runs!

This week, here's what I have planned/completed:

Sunday: Wakeboarding
Monday: Golf
Tuesday: 2 mile run
Wednesday: 1500m swim
Thursday: 3-4 mile run
Friday: OFF
Saturday: 5-6 mile run (or 10K)

Yesterday I wakeboarded for the first time all season!! It's basically a killer strength workout for the arms and back and I'm soo sore today.
Today I went golfing and my swing definitely suffered from sore arms. But the hours walking around the course in the sun were great.
For this week, I'm antsy to jump back into running longer distances again, but I want to be mindful of my recent injury. I had originally planned to do the Grand Haven Triathlon next weekend, but between the running injury and travel, I haven't had time to train properly. Better to be safe than sorry!

What are your workout plans this week?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kaitlin,

    I'm working out with Ramses & Josh on Tuesday, then a 2 mile run with Mike on Wednesday.

    I don't plan my workouts for the entire week, which in hindsight is probably causing me to workout less than I intend to. Do you always make a plan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monday I did 8 mile run
    Tuesday, was off
    wed, 3.1
    Thursday, exercise room, squats and pushups, light workout on total gym, leg lifts on power tower
    Friday, 6.2 mile run
    Saturday, gone fishing unless it storms:)
    Sunday 8 mile run and last day of vacation:)

    I really like the details you post,I will be running Grand Haven Coast Guard 10k run on July 30, 8:30 am.

    then training for Oktoberfest Half marathon in Sept.

    Maybe I will see you at one of those! would be really cool!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...