Sunday, July 31, 2011

Colorado and Workout Recap

I spent all of last week in beautiful Snowmass, Colorado!

I was there for a science conference and had so much fun. I had never been to Colorado before and it was incredible.
There was beer,
hiking,
and new science friends.
Between all of the mountain excursions, there was plenty of science.
I learned so much and got plenty of great ideas on directions to take my projects. The entire conference was the essence of 'work hard, play hard.'
And that we did.
On the last day of the conference, I got a chance to go out to the Maroon Bells, one of the most photographed places in Colorado. It was stunning.
I also saw a yellow-bellied marmot. Cute!
But I'll be honest, the altitude KILLED me! I only ran twice when I was there and was gasping for breath after just 0.10 of a mile on the first day. My pace dropped and it was rough. I could feel myself getting used to it after a while but still, yikes!
(shout out to my DM girls!!)

Now that I'm back in Michigan, prelim studying is taking top priority. But I have an exciting announcement to make later this week regarding my next race! For now, this week I'll be tackling the first week of this.

And thankfully, I'm back at sea-level!

Have you ever been to Colorado?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...