Monday, April 25, 2011

12 Redemption Miles

Previous marathon training long runs:

With almost a month left to go before the Bayshore Marathon, I'm finally used to the weekend long run. This week was a step back week in the training plan, so my long run this week was only 12 miles. It's crazy to think that 12 miles is considered 'short' for me right now!

This Sunday's 12 miler started off like every other. PB+J on a bagel thin and coffee. If it ain't broke...
The weather has been getting nicer (since last week's freak snowstorm) and yesterday was perfect. Sunny and in the mid 60s, I grabbed some fuel and was ready to go.
I ran about a mile to lab, did some work, and then met up with my running partner. We tackled 10 on the beautiful Border to Border trail and saw so. many. birds! It was wonderful. Just to list a few: American Robin, Red Winged Black Bird, White Swan, Red Tailed Hawk, and more Canadian Geese than you can shake a stick at. Way different from my Florida birding!

I'm calling this a redemption run because my first 12 miler of this training program really sucked. I was sick, it was windy, and my pace was all over the place. I'm happy to report that yesterday was much better!

Splits:
Mile 1: 9:33
Mile 2: 9:34
Mile 3: 9:42
Mile 4: 9:37
Mile 5: 9:50
Mile 6: 9:51
Mile 7: 9:47
Mile 8: 9:36
Mile 9: 9:53
Mile 10: 9:55
Mile 11: 9:57
Mile 12: 9:45

I ran the rest of the way home and had a giant smoothie full of goodness. It contained spinach, rice milk, frozen peaches, pumpkin, frozen banana, frozen blueberries and chocolate protein powder. So good.
I spent the rest of the day making hot cross buns and sitting out on the porch before heading to a lab Easter dinner. Just wonderful.
Did you have a long run this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...