Sunday, April 10, 2011

15 Mile Saturday

I have had some truly wonderful weekends lately, and this weekend did not disappoint. I headed back to my hometown of Holland, Michigan for a weekend of sun and fun.

First up on the agenda: a 15 mile long run.
Done!

This run was a personal distance record for me as I've only ever run 13.1 miles (most recently at the National Half!). I planned a giant loop around Holland, wrote the directions on my arm and grabbed my running buddy.
We maintained an awesome pace for the entire run. I was tired, but the weather was perfect, a little overcast and about 48 degrees. I ate 3 shotbloks throughout the run and we stopped for water refills once. Long runs are SO much better when you have a friend to run with!

Splits:
Mile 1: 9:23
Mile 2: 9:36
Mile 3: 9:49
Mile 4: 9:56
Mile 5: 9:57
Mile 6: 9:57
Mile 7: 9:53
Mile 8: 9:51
Mile 9: 9:51
Mile 10: 9:47
Mile 11: 9:56
Mile 12: 9:51
Mile 13: 9:46
Mile 14: 9:50
Mile 15: 9:49

total: 2:27:23

Immediately after, I came back and had some orange juice and a yogurt for protein.
Post-shower, I met up some more high school friends for a celebratory meal and drink at my favorite pub, New Holland Brewery downtown.

I started with my favorite beer-- the Poet stout.
After some appetizers, we had a giant portabella mushroom pizza with spinach and roasted red peppers, plus some hummus and veggies on the side. Delicious!
On the way home I stopped by the Peanut Store, the local candy store downtown, to pick up my favorite treat: buttered popcorn and watermelon Jelly Bellies.
Yum!

I'll be back tomorrow with part II of my Holland adventure. Did you do a long run this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...