Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My Strange Addiction

Have any of you seen the show 'My Strange Addiction' on TLC? I actually haven't, but I've heard enough about it from friends and Twitter to know that it's a show featuring, well, people and their strange addictions.

Let me introduce you to my strange addiction.
Yep. Pumpkin.
When I first moved into my apartment, I ate pumpkin like crazy. My housemates started to poke fun at me about it, and I started to save the cans to show just how much I loved it.
This might seem a little gross. But I washed them out!
Back to the pumpkin itself. This stuff is SO. EFFING. GOOD. The pumpkin comes just canned and delicious-- no baking or scraping required. It's naturally fat free, low in sugar, and packed with good nutrients.
But what could make me go through this much pumpkin in less than a year? Smoothies. Daily yogurt bowls. Pumpkin bread. Pancakes. The possibilities are endless.
Sometimes, I just eat it with a spoon and chocolate chips. Some of my guy friends say it looks like baby food. Haters.
Anyway, I'm sad to say that I finally had to relinquish my pumpkin cans to the recycling bin. But not before I calculated that this equals 43 pounds of pumpkin consumed this year. Baller.
With three more full cans packed in my moving boxes, I don't see myself quitting any time soon.
What's your strange addiction?

1 comment:

  1. Hey, you have a blog! I didn't know you had a blog. Now I will follow your blog. I LOVE PUMPKIN TOO!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...