Thursday, April 7, 2011

What I Ate Today

Many healthy living bloggers make a point of documenting what they eat everyday. Some do it for calories' sake, but most do it to share their meals and provide a blueprint for what healthy eating looks like. After chatting with friends and family about how I made healthy changes to my lifestyle, I thought it might be interesting to go through what I eat in a day.

Presenting: Thursday, April 7, 2011.

Breakfast:
I eat almost this exact same meal every. single. morning. And I'm still not sick of it! A yogurt bowl with nonfat organic vanilla yogurt, pumpkin puree, raw oatmeal, wheat germ, pecans and a spoonful of sunflower butter plus black coffee equals great fuel for the day.

Snack:
Around 10:30am or so, I start getting peckish. I have a snack drawer at lab and I love prunes and dried apricots as mid-morning sugar boosters.

Lunch:
Lunches are generally more varied. Most of the time I have leftovers, but today I didn't. Lunch comprised of a spinach salad with tabbouleh and feta cheese, honey greek yogurt and a whole wheat roll on the side.

Snack:
After my 1pm class, I dug into my afternoon snack. I usually have some sort of carb and a fruit/vegetable. Today I had carrots and some TJ's pumpernickel pretzels (totally addicting!)

Instead of going to my 3:30pm class, I went for a run! It was warmer (45) and I went super fast!
Splits:
Mile 1: 8:54
Mile 2: 9:08
Mile 3: 9:14
Mile 4: 9:18
Mile 5: 9:04
Mile 6: 9:06
Mile 7: 8:47

During the run I had a Shotblock, and after I inhaled this peanut butter chocolate chip Larabar.
Dinner:
By the time I finished up in lab and ran some errands, I got home completely ravenous. Usually I take at least 10 minutes to make something decent, but today I couldn't even wait that long. As a child I was completely addicted to Spaghettios (and even started a blog with the namesake!) so last week when I was at TJs I was delighted to find an organic, healthier version of the canned pasta. I had a bowl of it alongside some curried vegetables.
Dessert:
Following a big run day like today, dessert is a necessity. There's a great local dairy right down the street from my house, and I walked down and snagged a small cookie dough ice cream. Delicious!

Today seems pretty typical. This eating style works for me because of the small meals throughout the day and planning ahead goes a long way in saving me money at the cafeteria.
What did you eat today?

2 comments:

  1. Let's see! I ate a lot:)
    Oatmeal for breakfast, larabar, apple, half of a bagel with almond butter, dark choc, soup, bread, and some ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh pumpkin puree I never thought of that! Such a great way to change up oatmeal AND get veggies.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...