Sunday, September 4, 2011

Week 1: Philly Half Marathon Training

This week marked my first week of training for the Philadelphia Half Marathon!
Even though I started out sick, I ended up getting a decent amount of mileage in.

How it went down:

M- Rest
T- 2.2 miles and weights
W- 5x400m @8:20 pace
R- rest
F- Strength training for runners
S- Football!
S- 3.25 miles

total: 6.75 miles

Tuesday was my birthday! I enjoyed some birthday pancakes and hit the road for 2.2 miles (for turning 22!)
Wednesday I had my first speed session and announced my training plan on the blog. It was short but sweet.

Saturday brought the best thing ever: Wolverine football. And we won, too!
 This week, I have more running and speed sessions planned (click to see my training plan spreadsheet). Tomorrow I kick it off with a Labor Day 5 miler. Here we go!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...