Monday, September 12, 2011

Philadelphia Half Marathon Training Week 2!

It's that time again: let's recap my training for the Philadelphia Half!

Week 2 (unlike Week 1) went really well, the weather was nice and cool on Monday and I knocked out 5 miles at a great pace. Later on during the week, I had a strength workout, a speed workout, and another 3 mile run.
M- 5 mile long run
T- weights
W- 30 minute tempo (3.2mi)
R- 3 mile run
F- off
S- UM game (we beat Notre Dame!!)
S- 2.75m run
total: 14 miles

I've really been loving my speed workouts this training cycle! This week I did a tempo run on the treadmill: 5 minute warm-up, 10 minutes gradual build in speed, 5 minutes at 10K pace, and 10 minute decrease. Overall, 30 minutes of speed!

The speed workouts are already paying off, too: my 3 miles on Thursday were super fast! Wahoo.

Up next for this week: same mileage as last week, but back to speed repeats on the track. I'm excited.
And, long run Monday has come around again-- 6 miles on the schedule tonight!

How are your workouts going?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...