Along the way, I began to blog about things that were more important to me. Environmental effects of meat and dairy. Human rights and factory farming. Meat and infectious disease.
These posts took more time, and sadly generated little discussion. I still love talking about running and my weekend adventures, but compared to more important topics, these things seem "fluffy."
I want to pull in the reins and come back to the topics I care about more. This blog is meant to not only inspire people to live a healthy life, but to encourage discussion and critical thinking about food, exercise and more dilemmas we face every day.
Some upcoming posts I have brewing:
- Animal cruelty from the perspective of an animal researcher
- Why should we care about endangered species?
- The ethics of bananas
- The great vaccine debate
- Food additives that aren't bad for you
- Why having gay parents made me smarter
- The books and documentaries that changed my thoughts about America
I'm excited to go back to writing about causes I'm passionate about!