Monday, June 13, 2011

Weekly Workout Recap

After seeing so many different bloggers post their weekly workout rundowns, I want to share my recap. Primarily, I think it's good to reflect on what you've done and gear up for the week ahead.

Secondarily, I've been feeling a bit down about not being able to workout due to my injury and wisdom tooth surgery, so I want to make small goals to knock out this week. Let's get down to it.

Last week:
Monday: 1000m swim + 2 mile bike
Wednesday: 1100m swim
Thursday: surgery :(
Friday: off
Saturday: off
Overall, last week was pretty fun up until the surgery. I've really started to love swimming and the hot weather made the outdoor pool super nice. Since the marathon, I was trying to keep my fitness level high. Sadly, with the recent time off and foot injury, that seems to be slipping away.

This week I have some easy goals:
Sunday: off
Monday: 3.7 mile bike ride (done!)
Tuesday: Strength training for runners
Wednesday: 1-2 mile run
Thursday: run, bike or yoga
Friday: Iceland!
Saturday: Iceland!
I already knocked out a simple (but hilly!) bike ride this afternoon. Tomorrow is strength class, and then I'm hoping to go out for a run sometime this week. It all depends on how my face and foot are feeling. I don't want to push it, but I miss my long afternoon runs.

Speaking of missing things, this liquid diet has not been fun! I've had plenty of smoothies, yogurt and applesauce, but I look forward to the day when I can chew again!
This smoothie in a bowl contained frozen cherries, spinach, frozen banana, milk, yogurt, pumpkin, peanut powder and chocolate protein powder with berries and granola on top. Yum.

On Friday, I'm flying out to Iceland. I can't wait! Hope this week goes by fast.

What are your workout goals this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...