Monday, February 21, 2011

Wild Weather Weekend

After enjoying a few days of this:

Yesterday we were slammed with 9 inches of snow over 24 hours.
Yuck.

I'm trying to keep the spirit of spring alive though. On Saturday I made a trip out to the outlet mall with my friend from high school. I picked up some discounted Pottery Barn sheets in yellow gingham, and now looking at my bed makes me feel cheery!

Later that night I enjoyed some Flying Dog In-Heat Wheat-- very smooth and not too strong-- before heading out with friends.

Sunday morning I woke up to a broken Blackberry. Whoops...

Last week was a step-down week for marathon training, so my long run was only a 5-miler. I skipped it due to all of the snow, but knocked out 3 treadmill miles instead. I'm excited for my 9-miler planned this weekend, especially because I'll be on Spring Break in Arkansas!

But before then there's still lots of work to be done. Bigcat helped me with some homework last night.

And today I made a trip out to the Verizon store and upgraded to the Droid Incredible. I went into the store thinking I was going to buy an iPhone, but after trying out a few options and looking at the costs ($400 with insurance vs $200 after rebate with insurance) I chose the Droid. So far I love it!

After that I trudged through the snow over to Whole Foods for some salad bar dinner and a quick grocery shop for the essentials.

Yum.

It's still snowing outside!! I can't wait for spring.

Is anyone else sick of the snow yet?

3 comments:

  1. Hi I just found your blog. I can't imagine all that snow, I'm in Texas and fortunately we don't have to deal with it! Hope you have an awesome 9-miler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! thanks so much for your comment. I'm going to Arkansas this weekend so hopefully we get some nice warm southern weather.

    and thanks for the long-run good wishes! I hope it rocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a new phone! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...