Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sushi Saturday/Sunny Sunday

This weekend Sam came to interview for grad school at Michigan! He had great interviews and we had such a fun weekend together. Last night we met up with our favorite couple to hit up an Ypsilanti favorite- Asia City Buffet.
We've known Josh and Tiff since this summer, he's a fellow first-year grad student (in neuroscience) and she's applying to vet school. Sam and I have gone kayaking, weightlifting and had many a sushi dinner with these two.
So tonight was no different! We went to Asia City Buffet which is basically a giant Asian food buffet. What makes this place special is the raw fish and sushi bar-- pretty much exclusively what we eat from! This is my plate:
The fish is sushi grade and sooo delicious. Josh wastes no time by loading up his plate with tons of it.
I went for a more balanced approach, but don't get me wrong, I had plenty of raw salmon too :)

The best part is of course the fortune cookie! I had a great fortune, but I felt more fortunate to be with Sam and our great friends for the weekend.

After the meal, we headed back to Josh and Tiff's for a game night! We played Blockus (Tiffany schooled us both times!):

And a new game called Smart Darts. It's a lot like trivial pursuit, but with the added fun of a magnetic dart board to determine what question category to choose from! The boys kicked our butts-- they kept getting point multipliers with their darts!

My favorite part of the night though was seeing their cute kitty, Theia! As fellow cat-parents, we always enjoy having a furry friend around.
We ended our night with 7-11 slurpees, Josh's favorite. A perfect Saturday!

Today was a freakish day in Michigan winters: warm and sunny! After dropping Sam off at the airport I got outside for my long run of the week. Because of the high temps (30 degrees!) the sidewalks were clear and I could go fast. This is the fastest long run I've had since Florida!

My splits:
Mile 1: 9:52
Mile 2: 9:52
Mile 3: 9:44
Mile 4: 9:22
Mile 5: 9:42

I felt so good at the end of this run and can't wait to start my marathon training this week!

Now I'm in lab and brought a packed dinner to munch on.
Science never sleeps!
What did you do this weekend? I had a great time in the sun!

5 comments:

  1. I have to say, I absolutely adored the weather today. It was the first time I've climbed into a preheated Jetta since November at least. The car was warm, the roads were dry, the sun was out...perfect conditions for a fast drive into Grandville.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it was totally freakish!! It will only be like this until the 'historic' crazy snowstorm coming tuesday :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was nice here too! I was in forest park this afternoon and it was awesome to see everyone out and about. I think I even got a little sun burned. Never fear though. STL should be shut down again by Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm not a big fan of sushi (allergic to fish) but that place looks awesome. glad to see you had a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...