Monday, June 27, 2011

Ann Arbor Summer Festival

Hi everyone! We're back from Iceland (apologies for the blog hiatus) and I can't wait to tell you all about it. While I organize my photos, let me tell you about the great night I had this past Saturday at the Ann Arbor Summer Festival.
The summer festival is nearly a month long, free and so much fun. They bring bands, entertainers, movies, local restaurants and community organizers together for an event that is fantastic and right on the University of Michigan campus.

We started out our night at Old Town, a bar/restaurant downtown with a pitcher of Bell's Two Hearted Ale. Yum.
I ordered a wet vegetarian burrito with housemade black refried beans, grilled onions and peppers, salsa and enchilada sauce. SO good.
Then we biked over to the festival. It was a perfect night out to listen to two great local funk bands and enjoy some beer.
I had a few drafts of Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy
while we listened to Funktion, a local band out of Kalamazoo.
Later, the main event for the night was NOMO, an awesome funk and jazz band from Detroit. We had so much fun dancing and jamming out, and followed up our night with Stucchi's chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream.
After such a wonderful time at the summer festival, I met up with some girls from my department that were having a bachelorette party! The bachelorette and I randomly showed up with the same purse. Cute, right?
It was a great way to end the night, and although I had a blast in Iceland, I'm so happy to be back home.

How was your weekend?

2 comments:

  1. That food looks good! ; ) xxoogma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Side note, hi kaitlyn, please email me at burgruss@gmail.com:) Thanks Russ

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...