Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Another Tuesday

The sun is finally back in Michigan!

But it's still pretty cold. The high today was 17 degrees Fahrenheit! Yikes.

After Sunday's failed long run, I got on the treadmill yesterday hoping to do 3 miles. After the 2nd mile I felt great and decided to continue on to do my 6! Completely unplanned and I rocked out the 6 miles at 9:49 the entire time, no breaks.

Today I did an easy 20 minute bike while reading the new Runner's World magazine. I love just relaxing and stretching my legs on the bike.

After that, it was time for my Strength Training for Runners class at the university. Tonight's workout was KILLER on the hips, quads and abs! Here's another move for you guys (see the first one here).

Start out in plank position on your mat or carpet. Make sure to keep your back straight!

Then move one arm at a time to move into a raised plank position, again with a straight back. Return back to the plank position and repeat 10x.

And we did these after a bunch of weighted sit-ups. Ow.

I was starving after class so I rushed home and made a black bean fajita.

To make:
Slice and fry green pepper, onion, mushrooms and broccoli in water and olive oil.
Add about 1/3 cup of canned black beans
Season with salt, pepper, hot sauce, cumin and garlic salt.
Pour into a whole wheat tortilla and top with feta cheese.

Delicious.

Now it's homework time!

Have you had any kick-butt workouts lately? Or any strength training moves to share? I'm so sore!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...