Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Two Tutorials

Man, this week has been crazy! This is the first full week of classes and life is busy again.

This week I have stuck to my training plan really well. Monday I cranked out a 3 miler on the treadmill with the same pace as last week's. Yesterday I attended my first "Strength Training for Runner's" class at the University. It was a combination of floor work, weights, and plyometrics and holy crap am I sore this morning. The craziest move of the night? A core exercise!

Start like this: kneeling on the floor, legs tucked under you and feet flat.

Then, use your core to quickly jump up and flip your legs under to a squat position. Repeat 10x!
Today I was planned and ready to go to yoga to stretch my sore legs but when I got to the class it turns out you had to RSVP first! I didn't read the email clearly enough so I went home to stretch.

After more microbial genetics reading, it was time to clean. I found the swiffer mop was out of mop pads to wash with. So I problem solved:
Now I'm going to go hang out with this cutie:
Anyone ever seen that move before in a fitness class? My legs are so sore!

5 comments:

  1. Two things: are those some Cabin Fever bottles on the window sill? Also, one of those pictures is kinda...stretchy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen it before but usually see people do the modification of it which is to stand up 1 leg at a time remaining in a low squat. Your version is much better!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude. duct tape and improvisation for the win. Also, i must say, that core/ leg exercise you show seems awesome but very hard. I've never seen it before

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...